Monday, September 5, 2011

The Mice of Bistrot des Sept Frères By Marie Letourneau

Now I know some of you are probably going to read this and think what in the world is she doing reviewing this book. *grin* Well, I decided that since some of you are probably Parents, Grandparents, or if you're like me an Aunt or Uncle then you probably look for books to read with the kids that you think will be fun and educational at the same time. The Mice of Bistrot des Sept Freres by Marie Letourneau is just the book to read, especially if you want to get your child interested in a foreign language. I read this book with my three year old nephew and we greatly enjoyed it. We both learned new words in French, I butchered the language and he spoke it like he was born to it, go figure! We read it several times, finding new things to point to out in the illustrations, which were also done by the author. I don't want to give away too much but it's a book about mice that cook an award winning cheese soup despite some rather colorful mishaps. Colorful, educational, and fun, what more could you ask for in a children's book. Oh wait! I know! A recipe for the award winning soup! On the back of the book there is a small note telling you where you can go for the recipe to the award winning soup, it's fairly easy and your child(ren) can help to make it, giving them a chance to not only be helpful but creative as well. I printed the fairly simple recipe and with my nephew's help (as much as a three year old can help) we made the soup. It was a really good soup....the second time, I had to make it twice because I burned it the first time. *shrug* What can I say I love to eat but can't seem to cook my way out of a paper bag when it comes to some things. So go out get the book, read it with the kiddies and enjoy a creamy, cheesy soup that you can make together. We had a great time and a great meal, just remember that OUR Opinion Might Not Be Yours so be sure to try it out yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment